Saturday, July 26, 2014

It's Gonna Be a Great Trip!

This my "rabbit's foot" joke that I play every time I come to Japan. I go to the convenience store at the airport and buy something, then earnestly hand the unsuspecting clerk a Canadian $5 bill.
If, after saying "Just kidding," (冗談) they laugh, it is going to be a bad trip. If they don't laugh, it's going to be a great trip. This woman practically punched me in the face (because of the camera, no doubt.)
It's going to be a great trip! Three out of five, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Uhh . . . upon watching this again the next day I am reminded of what a fucking humorless bunch these people are. If she doesn't know how to deal with foreigners she d=shouldn't be working in a convenience store at the fucking country's second-biggest airport.

    Total robotocism . . . with a frown, no less! Not even a tiny attempt to be pleasant. Got it from the waiter at last night's restaurant -- again, at a fucking airport!

    What the . . . .?

    Next time I won't be so pleasant and will refuse to pretend I understand Japanese. Fucking morons.

    ReplyDelete