Saturday, August 9, 2014

Maybe I Was Wrong About God

Umm . . . how to say this? My "prayers" have been answered.

As you are probably not aware, there is a typhoon -- you know, kind of like a rain shower only a little stronger -- sweeping Japan.

Sweeping this hotel as I type! (pictures to come).

I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. Showered. As usual, WAAAYYYY earlier than I had to, simply because I NEVER WANT TO BE LATE.

I was slated for a 2 p.m flight from Kansai airport to Tokyo's Haneda airport. I was on tenterhooks (remember that vintage phrase?) and on Skype with Brigitte, as I have been (it's now 9 a.m. -- I've been on since 6 a.m.) checking on ANA's website and Air Canada's website to see what was going on.

I'm not generally a nervous flyer, but, for various reasons, I do NOT like flying into Tokyo. Possibly because at both its main airports, Narita and Haneda, wind is always kind of wild. And in the late summer, like now, Japan attracts typhoons like dung attracts beetles.

And I will never forget that FedEx crash. So, I dislike Tokyo's airports on the finest of days.

Tai-chan is here with me -- his mother was supposed to drive us all to the airport this morning. But even she, last night, was warning me about this typhoon. "They close the bridge from the mainland to the airport (Kansai airport is a man-made island) when the winds are high. As they are today.

So, given a choice -- and not having much -- I really did nor want to fly anywhere today.

Yet here I sit in my suit, bag packed and zipped up, waiting for Tai-chan's mother to come take him and his guitar and amp and HIM away, while I was doomed to go to the bus station in this driving rain and bus all the way to the airport -- a good hour and some drive -- but all that is thankfully NOT TO BE.

Even Tai-chan gets to stay with me (it's now several hours later). But now I'm on the "Call THEM, not US" merry-go-round.

And of course, it's SUNDAY.

So, dear, faithful flock, I might be here for quite some time.

I will post when I get anything of note. Meanwhile, I'll rummage around in all my video files to see if there is one worth posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment